My Creative Business Ideas, Inspiration & Marketing Projects (April 2017)
I’m loving this monthly review of my creative business and marketing projects. Why? It keeps me super accountable. I actually get excited to share my goals, ideas and inspiration…and to publish them on this blog post. I want to move along faster with my projects so this behind the scenes blog post review keeps me super duper motivated!
Overall it was a crazy busy April but a really exciting time for the future of my creative business…I was creating my new online membership site called The Tech Connect. I have been thinking about creating The Tech Connect for at least a year or two. When I hired my business coach in December, I finally got the swift kick in the pants I needed to make my project a reality. And it’s SO freakin’ exciting to see my idea come to life!
So, what’s The Tech Connect, anyway?
The Tech Connect provides courses, resources, and community for women entrepreneurs and creative business owners struggling with the tech side of running their online biz. If you’ve got this awesome idea, but are having trouble with the tech…I can help! The Tech Connect is an affordable alternative to hiring someone to fix your tech problems.
The first course I created was called SEO 101. I decided to create SEO 101 since my clients were always asking how to SEO optimize their blog posts and pages. My #1 question: SEO. So I know this training will be super helpful to the TTC community!
Here’s what the SEO 101 Course video training includes:
- How to research and find your keywords on Pinterest
- How to use Headline Analyzer by CoSchedule
- How to SEO your Blog Post with Yoast
- How to SEO your Image for your Blog Post
- Google Analytics 101
- How to set-up a new account on Google Analytics
- How to connect Google Analytics to your WordPress website or blog
- Plus, an SEO Checklist!
My next course for The Tech Connect (launching in June) will be on Email Marketing. The course will provide training on 3 different email platforms including, MailerLite, ActiveCampaign, and my personal favorite…ConvertKit! This course will teach you how to connect your email to your website or blog. To stay updated on TTC click here.
I’m so excited to FINALLY give you this training. Something I’ve dreamed about for years… and I’m finally turning my creative business ideas into a reality! Yes, I’m excited. Can you tell LOL? Goosebumps.
Behind the Scenes: Goals, Ideas and Inspirations just for you!
WHATCHA WORKING ON?
Some Highlights of My Creative Business Blog and Business Goals:
- I’m working on soft launching The Tech Connect (TTC), including a discount for early bird sign-ups
- Creating the next course for TTC: Email Marketing for Beginners (MailerLite, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit)
- Weekly Facebook Live including my Q&A and tech training; submit your tech questions here!
- Weekly blogging; My goal is to publish (4) four blog posts this month 🙂
- Weekly emails to my list; My goal is to send (4) four emails this month
- and officially launching TTC in June!
I will post updates every month on my behind the scenes business and blog review to stay accountable and help you grow your online business each and every month! I truly hope this blog post will motivate you too!
Last Month’s Goals & Marketing Projects (April 2017)
- Promote PYWW with Facebook Ads (NOPE)
- Launch The Tech Coach (YES!!!)
- Create The Tech Connect (YES!!!)
- Write 4 blog posts! (SO CLOSE)
- Send 4 emails (NOPE)
- Do Facebook Live (YES!!!)
How did I do?
Facebook ads are not easy. There I said it. For this tech savvy lady, Facebook ads were a HUGE learning curve for me. For April, I shifted gears and started running ads to promote TTC instead of PYWW…with a Free 75+ Tech Toolkit. I’m working on mondo list building goals over the next month or so. I’ll keep you updated! And let me know if you have any great list building ideas 🙂
Launch The Tech Coach
I decided to launch The Tech Coach anyway (kind of). I had already created the landing pages, pricing, etc. so I just decided to launch the program. I’m not heavily promoting it…but I’m available for a limited # of coaching sessions per month. Click the link to find out more about The Tech Coach program!
The Tech Connect: Membership Program
Yes, I did successfully create The Tech Connect! Woo hoo! I will be working on creating my next course on Email Marketing, list building and launching in May.
Write 4 Blog Posts
Kind of. I published 3 blog posts for the month of April. Check ’em out:
Send 4 Weekly Emails
Nope. Not at all. I sent 2 emails for the month of April. My goal: to send out 4 emails in June!
Do Facebook LIVE
Yes, yes, yes! I’m proud of myself for jumping on to Facebook Live. It’s scary but I did it. And so can you… I will be jumping on FB Live weekly to answer your tech questions and do some live training and tutorials. To submit your Q&A click here.
I’m going to experiment with running some Pinterest ads to drive traffic to my website! I will keep you posted on my progress next month…more coming!
What else? My hard work REALLY paid off. I’m officially launching The Tech Connect… to help other inspired action takers with all the tech struggles. I took action and it feels so great!!!
- Launch the TTC Membership Community (look for your introductory discount)
- Create the next course for TTC (Email Marketing)
- Major list building goals… go from 405 to 800 on my list! (my MEGA goal)
- Write 4 blog posts! I need to GET.IT.DONE. every week
- Send 4 weekly emails (yes, please!)
- Facebook Live weekly, including Q&A’s (SEND ME YOUR TECH QUESTIONS)
- Run Pinterest ads (this is a new goal)
What else? I have sessions with my business coach every week to keep me on track for launching and list building for TTC.
HOW CAN I HELP YOU SUCCEED?
I’m offering The Tech Connect (courses + community) and The Tech Coaching (one-on-one) for folks with tech overwhelm. Please leave a comment below and let me know how I can help you succeed with your online creative business.
I have a TON of work to get done to accomplish my goals for May…. so I will be working late every night (or getting up early) to get TTC officially launched! I’m soooooooo excited to keep working and expanding The Tech Connect membership program… I know how much it will help everyone!
The Stats for April
- # of Blog Posts = 3 (+1)
- Monthly Blog Page Views = 1359 (+362)
- # of Emails = 2
- Monthly Email Subscribers = 404 (+60)
- # of Facebook Live = 3 (+2)
- Facebook Page Followers = 73 (+16)
- Twitter Followers = 649
- Pinterest Followers = 1,202 (+89!)
Overall, my stats increased from last month except the # of emails I sent out to my list. I will be working on sending weekly emails to my list! Also, I will be working on increasing the # of subscribers on my email list. Leave a comment if you have any great ideas for list building!
Something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately is…how I can help my audience. Many of the ideas for my blog posts and courses are based on my client’s needs. But I would like to do a better job of connecting with my online friends.
Tech Struggles? How I Can Help You:
- Get your Tech Questions Answered by filling out the Tech Chat Survey
- Like my Page and Get Notified when I GO LIVE on Facebook
- Book a Time on my Calendar to Chat about your Tech Struggles
- Hire me to solve your Tech Problems
- Start your blog for FREE!
- Get your FREE Tech Toolkit with 75+ tools + resources
My Favorite Online Tools of the Month:
Accountability // Final Thoughts
What worked? Overall I’m so happy I finally took the leap…and made my ideas and inspiration a reality with The Tech Connect membership program. Once I decide on something…there’s no stopping me! I don’t think my coach even believed I would be ready to launch. But I did the work…I was an Action Taker. And I’m really proud of myself. I’m so excited for TTC and what’s next for this amazing online biz!
Whatcha working on? Tell me YOUR ideas and inspirational goals. Please leave a comment below and tell me something good!