As my web design business has grown, I needed ways to increase efficiency and shorten my daily to do list. The emailing and phone calls can be cumbersome. I wanted to do LESS emailing back and forth with clients. As a web designer, I find it challenging to complete my daily tasks and get work done (not that I’m complaining!) I was looking for ways to automate my web design business with online appointment scheduling.
I spent so much of my day doing tasks that had NOTHING to do with web design, such as:
- Invoicing clients
- Communicating with clients
- Emailing…and more emailing
- Booking appointments
- Phone calls
I was playing a lot of EMAIL PING PONG, trying to book an appointment with my client. And a huge part of moving a project forward is discussing the project before starting. Also, sometimes my clients call when I’m in a meeting or on the phone…and I’m unable to chat.
BOOK CLIENTS FASTER WITH
ONLINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING
- Increase efficiency with online appointment scheduling
- Eliminate multiple emails to book appointments
- Save time and headaches scheduling meetings
- Automate your web design business
- Improve customer service
- Faster response
- Less back and forth
DOODLE SCHEDULING TOOL
I started with a FREE scheduling tool, Doodle. I wanted to see if my customers would actually schedule a meeting with me using this tool.
What Doodle Does
Doodle is a simple scheduling tool that syncs with your calendar such as iCal and Google Calendar. You sync Doodle to your calendar, to avoid conflict bookings.
How Doodle Helps
It’s a pretty basic calendar tool. It’s free and easy to set-up in 5-minutes or less! If you’re not sure if a Calendar Scheduling tool is right for you, it’s easy to try and commitment-free! You can set-up a personal calendar page: Doodle.com/YourBusinessName
How Doodle Can Improve
Your free personal calendar page has Ads on the page, so it looks a little tacky. You cannot create many events (such as 15-minute appointment, 1-hour consultation, etc). After you select the “Create Meeting Request” button, it takes you to a “Schedule an Event” page. You cannot customize the fields on this page.
SO ULTIMATELY I SWITCHED TO CALENDLY
Here’s Why Calendly is GREAT:
– You can set-up a customizable Calendly calendar page, such as: https://calendly.com/sydandcoco
– The page includes your Viewable Public Events by type. For example: 15 Minute Meeting, 30 Minute Meeting and 60 Minute Meeting
– You can create separate private events (great for booking events you don’t want everyone to see)
– Once you select the Event Type, you have the choice of:
- One-on-One (for individuals such as consultations, phone calls, meetings)
- Group (for groups such as webinars, workshops, classes)
– You can integrate with your calendar (such as Google Calendar, Office 365 and Outlook)
– Once the appointment is booked, your Customer will automatically be notified when the event is scheduled and send a reminder 24-hours before
– Your Client will also have the ability to reschedule the appointment
HOW TO SET-UP YOUR APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER WITH CALENDLY AND AUTOMATE YOUR WEB DESIGN BUSINESS
- Go to Calendly.com, type your email and click the button GET STARTED FOR FREE (free 14-day premium trial)
- Sync with your Google Calendar; Allow access for Calendly to manage your calendar.
- Create your custom Calendly link (your custom calendar page).
- Watch the Getting Started Video and go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the dropdown in the upper right hand corner, and Account Settings. Upload your logo, add your name, customize your welcome message and timezone. (Quick Tip: logo size is 90×90 pixels).
- Share your custom calendar link on your website, blog and via email.
Is Calendly or another online appointment scheduling software right for you?
Automate your Web Design Business - And Book Clients Faster! Click To Tweet
SAVE TIME & AUTOMATE YOUR WEB DESIGN BUSINESS
WITH ONLINE APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING SOFTWARE
- Sign-up with Calendly for free
- Set-up Calendly (per the above tutorial)
- Share your Calendly link (via email, add to your website, etc)
Resources List Bonus
- Calendly.com (my recommended appointment scheduling tool)
- Doodle.com (another great scheduling option)
- Acuity Scheduling (I have not personally used this option)
- Tips and Tricks for Calendly
Looking for more Web Design Business Tips and WordPress Tutorials? Leave a comment below.
“It always seems impossible until it’s done.” —Nelson Mandela