How To Install WordPress In 5 Minutes
Below is the step-by-step guide to install WordPress in 5 minutes on your blog or website. Some steps may vary based on your website hosting. Be sure to set aside time to get this completed and focus on the steps. For this tutorial, I will show you how to install WordPress on your blog in only five (5) minutes!
Before getting started, you need the following:
- Buy your domain name
Related: What You Should Know About Buying A Domain Name (How To Tutorial)
- Buy hosting for your domain
Related: Shared Hosting Versus Managed WordPress Hosting (How to Choose the Best Hosting)
Step-by-step guide to install WordPress on your blog or website
1. Install WordPress software on your Domain Name
- Login to your Hosting account.
- Install/Create a New WordPress site.
- In the WordPress Installation area, choose the following:
- Choose Protocol (most likely http://)
- Be sure to choose/select your domain from your account (yourdomain.com)
- In Directory
By default, it usually shows “wp” in the directory.
If you want to install your blog or website on your root URL (yourdomain.com), you will need to leave this area blank. If you want to install in a folder on your website, such as blog, add “blog” to your directory.
- Site Settings
Site Name: the name of your blog or website
Site Description: short description of your blog or website
Enable Multisite: do not check this box
- Admin Account (your WordPress login information)
Admin username: username you will use to login to your WP site
Admin password: password you will use to login to your WP site
Admin email: your primary email for your account
Important Tip: Your username should never be Admin. Be sure to write down your login information and keep it in a safe place. This username/password is your login to access your new blog or website.
- There may be some other advanced options, but they may vary by hosting account.
For example, if there’s an auto backup, choose this option. Or an auto update on your WordPress software is also a good choice (one less thing to worry about!)
- Click on the Finish/Install button.
- Once the installation is complete, log in to your new blog or website (with your username/password).
2. Login to your new WordPress Blog or Website
- Type the website URL as follows: http://yourdomainname/wp-admin
(add your own domain to “yourdomainname” in this example).
- Type in your WordPress username and WordPress password (from Step #1).
- And you’re now logged in to your new WordPress website…Congrats!
Take Action Now (Homework!)
- Buy your domain name.
- Buy hosting for your blog or website.
- Install WordPress software on your website or blog…in only 5 minutes!
Resource List (Bonus)
**My recommended hosting; contains affiliate links 🙂
- Click this link to sign-up for A2 Shared Hosting.
- Click this link to sign-up for WP Engine Managed WordPress Hosting.
“Great people do things before they’re ready. They do things before they know they can do it.” —Amy Poehler